Friday, August 15, 2008

The Heresy Hunter Retires

After 20 years involvement with, and 13 years employment with the Christian Research Institute (CRI), at the age of 59 I am moving on to my third career.

My first was 22 years as a plant operator at a power generating station in Toronto. The second was my time with CRI as a researcher for the Bible Answer Man show and writer for the Christian Research Journal.

In September I will be starting classes at Concordia Theological Seminary (CTS) in Fort Wayne, Indiana where I will be studying to become a pastor in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. This was definitely not my idea - when my wife would suggest that I'd make a good pastor I would shrug it off. However, after asking a few questions I saw doors opening and others closing and it became obvious that God wanted me to go into the pastoral ministry. Additionally, others I respected thought I'd make a great pastor as well - again, much to my surprise - and the staff of CRI has been behind me and has wished me well.

My plan is to preach and write for the next 30 years or so and then move on to my fourth career - possibly as a 90 year old rock singer - after all, the Rolling Stones will probably still be performing!

Since I've got to immerse myself in my studies for the next few years and will undoubtedly lose touch with all the current heresies in Christianity today, posts to this blog will be few and far between. I may start another blog relating my time at CTS but that remains to be seen. If I do I'll post a link here. Once I'm ordained, in addition to serving my parishioners I plan to continue writing on today's aberrant movements. The Heresy Hunter may ride again, but this time greatly improved!

In the meantime my wife and I will be living mostly off of student loans and donations. If your church would like to adopt me as a student it would be greatly appreciated - just contact Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne for details!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 06, 2008 9:34 PM, Blogger Scott Diekmann said...

God speed Seminarian Bob Hunter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home