Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Mystery of Who Wrote Hebrews - SOLVED!



I've just been reading Todd Bentley's account of his trip to heaven on Sid Roth's website. You can read about this fascinating account in Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. Below I'll quote a few highlights.

First of all, you have a right to see Jesus visibly if you really love Him:

“The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him]” (Jn. 14:21 Amplified). That is a promise that God gives! He says that if you love Him and keep His commandments, He will manifest Himself to you! How will He manifest Himself? It might be through a dream, in a vision, in a prophetic experience, in the Word of God, divine knowledge or revelation....He will also come bodily.
It shouldn't bother us when someone says they've been to heaven. I mean, who else does Jesus have to talk to on earth?

Why is it in the church today that we struggle when somebody says that he or she has been to heaven or they’ve had an encounter with Jesus face to face? Listen! God doesn’t have anybody else to visit but you and me!
Bentley points out the fact that Paul wasn't permitted to speak about all that he saw. Great news! All that has changed!

Naturally, there are times when deep revelation should not be discussed but there are times when it is right to share. Today I am permitted by God to share with you about some of the recent amazing heavenly encounters that I have experienced.
Once again, we come back to Jesus' Bambi eyes!

So, even though I could give a description of the Lord, the main thing that I was drawn to was Jesus’ eyes. He had brown eyes, and I know it sounds funny, but I immediately thought of Bambi!
These are different from the eyes Jesus has in heaven, however, according to Jesus Himself!

“These are My eyes as I had eyes on the earth. But if you were to see Me in heaven I have eyes ‘blue, like revelation eyes,’ like fire. These are My human eyes, not My God eyes.”
At last we have an explanation of vibrating in the Spirit:

He put His hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes and said one word, “Peace I give you, not as the world gives,” and this peace came over me like a vibration and my whole body vibrated while I received the peace of God.
Bentley came to a bridge while in heaven and it was here that he met the Apostle Paul. I'll bet you're anxious to know what Paul looked like, right?

People have asked me what he looked like, and so I will attempt to describe his appearance. He was short, not more than 5’1” or 5’2” (I’m 5’6”). He was bald except for a little crown of hair that came around his head. Looking very Jewish with a short, trimmed, white beard, my first thought was of a monk in a monastery! He actually had jolly cheeks and I thought: Paul you’ve got a little weight on you! I mean he wasn’t fat but he looked a little pudgy! Funny, eh? But that’s what I was thinking!
Not only that, but Abraham and David were present as well!

Just so you know too, Abraham was taller than David and Paul, about 6’5”. He was a very big rugged looking man, very big boned, large hands, having a long black beard and hair. In fact he looked quite East Indian or Pakistani (in skin color); not like an African man (in blackness), but closer to an East Indian man. He actually didn’t look Jewish at all! Now David’s appearance was much different from Abraham’s. Having seen Jesus before, I noticed that David’s features were similar to Jesus, the Son of David. Both Jesus’ hair and David’s hair were alike—long brown reddish locks that hung to their shoulders. David’s eyes were blue and he wore a purple royal robe but when he lifted his arm, inside his robe I saw the color blue; it was very kingly. He was very handsome with a short beard and he was really well kept.
Too bad he didn't describe Jesus in a little more detail, other than the Bambi eyes. It is here that we finally find out that it was Paul who wrote the Book of Hebrews!:

Paul told me: “Abraham taught me, in heaven, and that’s how and why I wrote the book of Hebrews. What I heard was from the lips of Abraham himself.” I know I’m stepping out on theology now; however, I want you to understand that Paul always made it clear when he authored an epistle—“Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ” or “Paul, a bond-servant of Christ.” Always! Yet, for the Book of Hebrews, although most Bible scholars believe that it was authored by Paul, there are those that really can’t say it was him because the authorship is never clear. Paul told me why. Here is what he said to me. “Do you know why I know so much about Abraham?” [So much of Hebrews is based on other things that you just can’t pull from in other scriptures.] He said, “Abraham himself shared (information) with me and I simply wrote it” (in the Book of Hebrews). “The authorship isn’t clear because it was Abraham and I; Abraham shared with me.” [Much of Hebrews is about Abraham; i.e. Hebrews Chapter 11.] Paul said, “When I was in the third heaven, Abraham was with me like you are with me now.”
Paul then tells Todd:

Now one of the most striking scriptures in the Book of Titus is the first verse where it opens with—“Paul, a bondservant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ” (emphasis mine). “Todd, never just be an apostle or just do signs and wonders.” “No!” said Paul, “be a love slave.”
I don't know why, but I get visions here of Mike Meyer as the Love Guru!

Finally, did you know that there are several different levels in heaven, and that you have to ascend to each level by climbing a ladder? Yep, it's true!

What’s more, several days later I was taken back into heaven to Paul’s house! But this time I didn’t go inside. I stayed outside where I saw a ladder in his back yard like the one described in Genesis 28, Jacob’s ladder. [I’ve come to understand that there are ladders like that in heaven in order to ascend and descend into different realms because heaven has places, geographical places

....Back to climbing! I went up from the throne room into the fifth realm which is the heavenly city. I saw streets that are golden and mansions and I noticed that it was very different from the Paradise of God (third heaven) where there are hills, still waters, and flowers. It wasn’t as peaceful. Next came the sixth realm of heaven which is the place where the angels live. There is literally a realm reserved for Michael, Gabriel, all the arch angels and all the angels under the arch angels! This isn’t the second heaven, the angel and demon realm, where they battle. It’s just a realm where the angels dwell. Then the last heaven I saw, the seventh realm was other universes and the solar systems; undiscovered universes and planets that God has created....There could be other heavenly realms; however, I only saw seven.
Words cannot express how I feel about this so-called "encounter"! It would be hilarious if not for the fact that Christians are actually being taken in by this stuff. Is there no fear of God in these people? Are they so far deceived that they really think they've taken these trips?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At June 24, 2008 8:14 PM, Blogger david b mclaughlin said...

Uhhh.......wow.

 
At June 24, 2008 9:59 PM, Blogger Thanks4theadd said...

I hope you won't take this amiss, it's just something from a different spiritual tradition so I guess it's a heresy of its own. But the leader of the Hare Krishnas, whom you'll probably remember, used to tell his followers that people get deceived when they want to be deceived, and they discern deception when they want to discern deception: that God gave us all the tools to tell the difference, and we use them depending on the desires of our hearts.

Now, you might have all kinds of things to say about the Hare Krishnas! But I think we can take this idea - that people get deceived when they decide "I like the feeling of being deceived" - and apply it to Mr. Bentley here. Most of the people hearing his message are people who've done plenty of downtime with the Bible. If they just ignore the pretty obvious discrepancies in Mr. Bentley's teachings - well, shame on Mr. Bentley, but shame on them, too, I think.

 
At June 24, 2008 10:59 PM, Blogger david b mclaughlin said...

Most of the people hearing his message are people who've done plenty of downtime with the Bible.

Not sure about that. I find people who have been in church all their life and dont know two cents about the Bible.

...well, shame on Mr. Bentley, but shame on them, too, I think.

Amen.

 
At June 25, 2008 6:55 AM, Blogger Bob Hunter said...

If they've spent plenty of time in the Bible it's probably been selective reading of passages used to support their beliefs while ignoring clear biblical evidence against these things.

 
At December 05, 2008 11:51 AM, Blogger Kingdomsaint said...

This is a bunch of bull. People come on! Why do you tend to believe in people and things more than in God?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home