Thursday, March 27, 2008

Joel Osteen's NOW Faith


I thought I'd seen every possible way to twist the meaning of a passage, but I was wrong. Joel Osteen found a new way in Wednesday's version of "Today's Word with Joel and Victoria":

Now Faith

Today's Scripture

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

What are you hoping for in your life today? The Bible says that faith gives substance to the things you hope for. Notice this verse starts by saying, “Now faith…” It’s not “later” faith or “one day” faith.

Sort of reminds me of the Jehovah's Witness twist on Jesus' promise to the thief on the cross, "I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home