Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Great I AM! - ME, That Is!!!!

From last night's Glenn Beck show. No need to say any more:

Glenn Beck: My father was -- he is a great man. I just love him to death. And he`s non-denominational. And one of the -- he said the most powerful words ever spoken are in the Bible, and they are, "I am." And the concept of don`t take the lord`s name in vain, that`s when he says I am what I am. When you say, "I am successful, I am able to conquer this, I am a happy person," is that God stuff, is that Norman Vincent Peale stuff, is that Tony Robbins? What is that?

Joel Osteen: Well, I feel like it`s God stuff. To me, God has created every one of us to be over-comers. I mean, every week we hold up the Bible and it says, "I am what it says I am." So if God -- you know, in the scripture, it says, we are, you know, like I said, more than conquerors, and we are blessed, and I think we have to see ourselves like that.

I don`t think God ever wanted us to drag through life being defeated, depressed, discouraged, bound by addictions, and having terrible relationships, so I talk to people about, you know what? I am -- I say I am anointed. That means I am called, I am chosen, I am equipped, I am talented, I am creative. I think we`re supposed to say that about ourselves. We are God`s creation.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 18, 2007 9:27 AM, Blogger Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

There was an interesting exchange where Glenn asked if Osteen as a Christian pastor should be preaching about Christ, and he said yes, but once you get past all that you start talking about the Christian life.

I for one hope I never get past salvation.

 
At October 18, 2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Bob Hunter said...

Yes, I noticed that. Once you get past that pesky stuff about salvation, let's get on with the real gospel!

 
At October 21, 2007 1:10 AM, Blogger Kelly Klages said...

Shades of...?

http://www.lutheranchurch.ca/canluth/lead0907.pdf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home