Monday, September 17, 2007

Tony Campolo


Revealing comments from liberal-leaning Tony Campolo. From the Charlotte Observer:

Q. What would Jesus do about ...

Gays and lesbians: "He'd love them and accept them. When we sing at my church, `Just As I Am,' I think we need to mean it." We shouldn't be saying to gay and lesbian people, `You have to become what you're not in order to be welcome by Jesus.' "

Muslims: "He would love them. Jesus said some very interesting things. He said, `Other sheep I have who are not of this fold.'

"I know I'll get in trouble for this because I'm an evangelical, but (in deciding who gets into heaven), the questions (Jesus) asks on Judgment Day are not theological. I wish they were because I'm an evangelical.... Here are the questions -- the only descriptions he gives of Judgement Day. `I was hungry: Did you feed me? I was naked: Did you clothe me? I was the alien, the (immigrant) from the other country: Did you make room for me in your country? For if you did it to the least of these, you did it to me.' I think there's a wideness in God's mercy that's greater than mine."

Looks like he's big into salvation by good works.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 26, 2007 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone will enjoy the clip of Tony on Eastern University's website at www.eastern.edu/change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home