Monday, October 02, 2006

Remember the Day of Atonement


One of the most popular and influential teachers on TV these days is the fast-talking - and rather long-winded - Paula White, who, with her husband Randy, pastors Without Walls International Church. Last January she made The Church Report's list of the 50 Most Influential Christians (number 37). This month she has a new gimmick to bring us, or rather, her ministry, wealth:
It all begins with the Day of Atonement. By honoring God on His holiest day - October 2nd - the Day of Atonement, you can release God's promised covenant of reconciliation and unleash these seven blessings into your life:

1. A Double Portion
2. Financial Promises
3. Restoration
4. Special Miracles
5. A Divine Presence
6. Blessings for Your Sons and Daughters
7. Deliverance to Whoever Calls His Name

She goes on to say in her September newsletter:

As the most important single day of the year to God, the Day of Atonement is God's way of providing an opportunity for His people to seek reconciliation and honor Him with sacrifice.

Yes, Jesus spoke about this day so often I can't imagine how it is we've failed to observe it for the last two thousand years!

God promises financial success if you honored Him on October 2nd:

...the promise of success is still a sure thing today.

...God promised that He will give back whatever the devil has taken away from you, whether it be your good health, or family or something else.

5. A Divine Presence....This promise means that everywhere you go, His presence goes with you to lead, protect, provide, admonish, teach and more.
You mean to tell me, Paula, that He hasn't been doing that with any of us poor unfortunates who have failed to observe the Day of Atonement all these years? We've been on our own all this time? Makes me shudder at the thought.
God's promises are conditional upon our observing His holy days.
Thank you, Paula, for bringing us back under the Law!! You'd make a wonderful Pharisee.
7. Deliverance to Whoever Calls on His Name....He promises to be there when you need Him.
Only if you observe this special day, of course.

Paula, I'm confused - what do I do with Matthew 28:20, "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age" (NIV)?

Naturally, another thing Paula would make sure we know about is that the Day of Atonement
"is a day of offering and sacrifice....Click on the link on the home page to submit your very best Day of Atonement offering to me right away."
But Paula, I wanted to submit a sacrifice of a goat. How do I do that through the link you so kindly provided for me?

4 Comments:

At October 03, 2006 10:31 PM, Blogger Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

What the ...? Why did you wait until 6 hours before Oct 2 was OVER to post this? Now I read this on Oct 3 and I've been denied! Were you afraid I'd take your portion of God's "opportunity?"

:)

 
At October 04, 2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Bob Hunter said...

"Thou shalt not work on the Day of Atonement." According to Jewish law it ended at 6pm. :)

 
At July 01, 2007 11:39 PM, Blogger Yomi Adegboye said...

Bob,

The link to the September newsletter is no longer working. It produces a "404 error" page. If you have an offline copy of the newsletter, would you be so kind as to send me a copy by email?

Thanks.

 
At September 04, 2007 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if I donate for day of atonement, it will be to my local church, not Paula White. At least I know what they are doing with the money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home