Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Kenneth's Servant

Well, I'm confused!! The Gospel of Paula tells me that I had to observe the Day of Atonement - October 2, 2006 - the most important day of the year, according to Paula - and I'd receive all sorts of blessings - health, wealth, you name it!

But just today I was reading the Gospel of Kenneth Copeland and it tells me that I have a servant that God gave me to do my bidding and that I could have whatever I wanted. That means I didn't have to observe that "Day of Atonement"! The Gospel of Kenneth Copeland says,

Imagine for a moment that somebody provided a servant for you. A rich friend just decided to bless you by hiring someone to help you—around the house, at the office, wherever you need assistance.

Once you thanked your friend for his kindness, what would you do?You’d put that servant to work, that’s what. You’d give him a list of all the things you’ve dreamed of getting done but haven’t had time to do yourself. Housecleaning. Gardening. Detailing the car. The list would go on and on… You certainly wouldn’t leave the servant sitting on the couch all day with nothing to do.

...Nobody in their right mind would do that. Yet spiritually speaking, we as believers do it all the time. We neglect the spiritual assistance we’ve been given. We leave the servant called faith, which God has so graciously provided for us, sitting around idly with nothing to do.
...Exactly what job is faith designed to do? It is designed to transfer material from the realm of the spirit into this natural realm. Faith goes into the spiritual world, lays hold of what is already there and manifests it in the natural world of matter. Hebrews 11:1 says it this way: “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
Now, I'm not just taking Kenneth's word for it! He actually tried it, and it works! He decided when he was young that he wanted to preach the Gospel:
So I began to say it. I stood in my living room and declared, “I’ll preach that Jesus is Lord. I’ll preach that Jesus saves. I’ll preach that He baptizes in the Holy Ghost and heals. I’ll preach that He is our financier, the Lord of the Harvest, and the soon-coming King. And I’ll preach it from the top of the world to the bottom, and all the way around the middle!”
But he had a problem:
Then it dawned on me. I can’t do that without an airplane!
Absolutely! No serious preacher of the Gospel can afford to be without an airplane. And, of course, Kenneth got that airplane by sending his servant to bring it down from heaven for him! (Yes, all these things are in heaven, waiting for us - arms, legs, airplanes. Just ask anyone who's taken a trip to heaven and come back again to tell us about it.)

So what am I to make of this "contradiction"? I know Kenneth Copeland and Paula White are preachers of the Word. They simply can't be contradicting each other! Hmmm! I wonder what the Gospel of Jesse Duplantis says...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At October 15, 2006 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

regarding what kim clement said...those things are not for you, sorry, you won't get your hummer!! It is for those who believe....like it says in the bible (I have no doubt about one thing ...you WILL believe some day)

 
At October 15, 2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Bob Hunter said...

Sorry, I'll pass on believing documented false prophets.

 
At March 25, 2007 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I've posted at http://sonicbooms.blogspot.com about Paula White.

Thanks

Boomer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home