Monday, September 04, 2006

Joel Turns Sheepish

This just in from Saturday's Boston Herald:

He’s the most popular preacher in the country right now - a best-selling author and the “most watched minister” in America.

But when asked yesterday about gay marriage during a trip to the bluest state in the land of the free - and the only one where same-sex nuptuals are legal - the Rev. Joel Osteen suddenly got sheepish.

“I don’t think it’s God’s best,” the handsome Holy Roller said of homosexuality. “I never feel like homosexuality is God’s best.”

When pressed on the issue, Osteen said, “I don’t feel like that’s my thrust . . . you know, some of the issues that divide us, and I’m here to let people know that God is for them and he’s on their side.”
Nothing quite like a preacher of the Gospel who won't take a firm stand against subjects God clearly condemns. Can't you just hear God's voice speak out from the Second Book of Joel? "Hey, this is your good Buddy God speaking. I really don't approve of what you folks are doing down there in Sodom and Gomorrah. Homosexuality isn't really My best plan for you. But I want you to know that despite all that you're doing, I'm for you - I'm on your side! I want you to discover the champion in you!!"

1 Comments:

At September 08, 2006 12:36 PM, Blogger TSHusker said...

Another great post. I tell ya, ol' Joel just never ceases to amaze, and sadden, me!

Tom
Doctrine Matters

 

Post a Comment

<< Home